Rita Ubel Psychotherapist
Psychotherapy through Dialogue and Art
I am an experienced, qualified psychotherapist. I work with people to explore and understand whatever difficulties or struggles they wish to bring to therapy. I have practice working with a wide range of people with a wide range of experiences, struggles and difficulties to create a non-judgemental space that allows difficult thoughts and feelings to be thought about and explored. I am also open to the possibilities of other ways to explore thoughts and feelings if words are difficult to find. I apply language and art as vehicles of human experience in psychotherapy.
You can read more about my experience and qualifications by visiting the About Me and How do I Work section of this website.
I am in Almeria (Gergal), but I can also assist you at a distant location through my online therapy.
Languages: Having grown up, studied and worked in Norway, spent several years in Germany and several years working, studying and living in Spain I offer therapy in english, spanish, german and norwegian.
Background and Experience
As well as being an experienced and qualified Gestalt Psychotherapist I am holding a master’s degree in Art Therapy.
I am a member of the European Association for Gestalt Therapy (EAGT) and the European Federation of Art Therapy (EFAT) and abide by these organisations codes of ethics. In addition to working as a therapist in private practice I have many years of practice working with adults and adolescents as a pedagogic psychological counsellor and in social pedagogical projects.
- Master’s degree in art therapy, University of Murcia, Murcia
- Four-year gestalt therapy training, University College Norwegian Gestalt Institute AS, Oslo
- Cand.paed. with specialization in educational psychological counselling, University of Oslo
- Cand.mag. with the subject pedagogy, psychology and social anthropology, University of Oslo
- Full individual member of The European Association for Gestalt Therapy (EAGT)
- Full individual member of The European Federation of Art Therapy (EFAT)
- Holder of The European Certificate of Gestalt Psychotherapy
How do I work?
My starting point is that psychotherapy is a path to self discovery and a personalized and unique process. I believe that all humans have an intrinsic ability to be creative and an innate desire to find ways to express themselves. I work with people to explore and understand whatever difficulties or struggles they wish to bring to therapy. Sessions are non-judgemental and confidential and aim to build a safe, trusting and nurturing environment where people can feel free to explore whatever they need to bring. I use dialog and art as a tool for a means of expression. My approach is based on psychodynamic, humanistic and existential psychology.
Therapy sessions are weekly at an agreed time and last for an hour taking place in my therapy room. I work face to face and also offer online sessions.
What happens next?
You can make contact with me by email or telephone and ask any questions you may have. You can also make contact with me by completing the confidential form below. I will answer you as soon as possible.
From here we would arrange an initial meeting.
Please feel free to call me to have a chat about your needs or to ask any questions you may have.
Phone: +34 689 922 206
- Psychotherapy is about giving space for emotions and thinking to unfold. It is aimed to help self realisation and human growth, encourage creativity and reflection.
- Psychotherapy is a process which helps people understand and resolve problems by increasing their awareness of their inner world and its influence on their lives.
- Psychotherapy facilitates reflection, enhances creativity and generates spaces for well-being and personal change.